Digital Sun Games and 11bit Studios released Moonlighter on PC, PS4, and Xbox One to critical acclaim back in May. Now, two months later the game has received its first large content update, titled the More Stock Update.
This update adds many notable new features, some of which were community requested. This includes the addition of over 100 new rooms, poisonous puddles, a new post-boss room, new armor skins, added tutorials, the ability to skip cutscenes, and added visual effects for weapons that are enchancted. You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
100 new rooms!
We have added 100 more room patterns to the game! We’ve also introduced another brand new element to the mix: the puddles. They are going to poison Will in the forest, burn him in the Desert and electrify his hero-wannabe guts in the Tech dungeon. This new element has given us more possibilities to design new rooms. Poor Will… No worries, though – we have also added more rooms without puddles!
Special post-boss room
From now on, after defeating Boss in a dungeon – you can re-enter his chamber to find it crawling with monsters! This new room will provide an extra challenge – beat it quick enough to unlock all three chests. The chest timer will stop whenever you kill ALL the enemies. So, if you’re a slowpoke – only one or two chests will be unlocked for you. Only true Heroes deserve the most handsome rewards!
New armor skins
Now, every time you decide (and you should!) to upgrade piece of armor it will have a different aesthetic associated with the dungeon, also the armor icon will be different.
New visual effects for enchanted weapons
We’ve added new particle FX for enchanted weapons that are triggering whenever you use the weapon. The FX has 3 different levels that are associated with each enchantment level. So, the more enchanted weapon – the cooler it becomes! On top of that, we’ve added a little glint effect that it is applied to the icon of an enchanted weapon inside the inventory, so you can identify enchanted weapons easier.
New in-game tutorials
We have added these scrolls that will appear whenever you upgrade your shop and and some kind of new feature appears. We’ve prepared these new tutorials for:
- Decoration items (Shop level 2)
- Wealthy customers (Shop level 2)
- Quests (Shop level 3)
- Crystal showcases (Shop level 3)
- Shop Helper (Shop level 4)
DLC Backer Weapon
It is finally here: a special weapon we designed for Kickstarter backers (again: thank you SO much for supporting us back in the day)! It is a very unique Supporter Bow! What’s very cool about it – is that Blacksmith can upgrade this weapon for you – so it won’t become obsolete in the subsequent dungeons.
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Adding Skip button in starting cutscene
- Removed tourist bubble icon. Tourists and rich people work basically the same – so there is no point to differentiate them from the UI-standpoint.
- Soft lock upon starting a new game by overwriting previous save
- Inconsistency in Banker’s prices
- No longer possible to open Inventory during Intro cutscene
- Updated Chinese and Japanese translations
- FPS Drop after resuming game from an extended “soak” on pause menu
- Soft lock after finishing credits that were opened during gameplay
- Random crash after publisher screen
- No longer possible to open chest during “waking up” animation
- Exclamation mark remaining above NPC even after everything was “read”
- PS4 Touchpad button instead of Xbox “View” button on Map binding
- GUI was not refreshing upon swapping held items in the inventory
- Overlapping buttons in options when opened for the first time
- Cursor no longer goes back to the top of the list after crafting something at the Blacksmith
- It was not being possible to enchant items that were placed in bedside chest
- Credits texts overlapped with button prompts in Russian and German
- Issues with cursor in multi-paged bedside chest
- Soft lock upon pausing game during Merchant Emblem tutorial
- Dungeon blocker after killing first monster mini-wave before the second appears in Enemy Waves Secret room
- No longer possible to open inventory between two stages of the final boss fight
- Crash on picking up an item that was dropped on death in Tutorial Dungeon
- Skeletons were looking intact upon returning to the room again
Shop oriented fixes:
- Notebook prices were not recorded if the item before patching to 1.6 was sold for a cheaper price than after the update
- Items from previous sale were displayed on sales summary if the game was quit before closing shop
- No longer possible to receive two quests requesting the same item
This isn’t the end of new content for Moonlighter either, as the developers have put out a post-launch roadmap. In future updates, players will be able to expect things like New Game +, new items, and new mini-bosses. These updates are poised to come throughout the rest of 2018.
You can check out some screenshots of gifs of the new content below. Moonlighter is currently available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and will be coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.