The hand-painted 2D action RPG Moonfall Ultimate is available today on PC, PS4, and Switch, keeping Xbox fans waiting that little bit longer until its release on Xbox One tomorrow. Retro players who loved Golden Axe may just get a nice surprise here, as developers Fishcow Studio has taken inspiration from the classic game.
Moonfall Ultimate is placed within an industrial eerie world where you will need to hack and slash your way through a tricky hand-painted world. Choose your class carefully and enhance your gear within this Metroidvania-style adventure with a focus on strategic real-time action.
You unearth the story of The Empire, a kingdom which is now threatened by barbarians who hunt a mysterious element known as Lunarium which also happens to reside not only in The Empire, but in you too. Throughout the gameplay, you must protect the land at the front line and delve deeper into the world that is yours for the discovering.
Moonfall Ultimate was originally released on Steam Early Access and after a successful launch, the game is now receiving additional content plus support for current-gen consoles. In Moonfall Ultimate, players can expect the same level of enjoyment but with more additional features like arcade mode, 2-player local multiplayer, full controller support, interface optimization, and some combat tweaks.
Key features include:
- Beautifully hand-painted 2D graphics full of detail and dark atmospherics.
- Play the Campaign or Endless Mode solo or grab a friend with the 2-player couch co-op support.
- Three character classes with unique active and passive abilities. Choose Vanguard, Elementalis or Shadow to suit your play style.
- A sturdy leveling system and in-game economy which gives access to over 80 unique items. Fight, collect and upgrade!
- Action-packed combat system provides a diverse choice of dealing damage. A suitable strategy is the key to success.
- 13 open-ended and fully explorable levels with elements of the Metroidvania genre and packed with quests, boss fights and notes expanding the lore.
- Over 60 tiered enemies, each with their own unique attack and defensive attributes.
Stefan Nitkulinec, project director at Fishcow Studio stated on the game’s launch:
“We are very pleased to be able to offer Moonfall Ultimate for our players on PC and consoles early in September 2018. We believe that special game modes will delight many players, especially local multiplayer will bring a lot of fun.
We are honored that we could cooperate with the professional team from Wales Interactive, and we are proud that our game will be published by such a successful British publisher. Together, we will try to bring more games of the high-quality level in which players spend many great experiences that will remain in their memories for a long time.”
Moonfall Ultimate is available today on PC, PS4, and Switch, with the game’s Xbox One release happening on September 5. Check out Moonfall Ultimate new trailer below: